Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'll cut you!

A nice and sunny day in Southern California, 67 degrees, and no clouds. Today I went with the Proraso green shaving cream, the Merkur 34C with some new blades in it. Today I went with Derby Extra blades, and finished off with some after shave balm I found in the back of the drawer, some Anthony logistics after shave cream, which is a very nice aftershave, I just forgot that I had it.

I've gotten in the habit of putting all my shaving stuff out there in the open instead of all stuffed in a drawer. Usually I'm kind of a neat freak and want everything out of the way, but these days I enjoy building up my collection of male preening stuff and being able to choose just which things I'm going to use.

I got what I thought was a really nice shave with those Derby's and was feeling pretty proud of myself. I went into my closet to pick out my clothes for the day, and came back to the mirror and found about half my neck covered in blood. Guess I must have pressed a bit to hard on that razor, and those Derby's are sharper than I thought, either that or Anthony logistics has put some sort of acid in their aftershave, but I doubt that.

Anyway, my Muhle is still on it's way to me as well as the Truefill and Hill and I'm certainly looking forward to that!

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I have been blogging for a few years. Recently started a shaving blog. Checked for others and here I am. Enjoyed reading about your experiences! You too will find it interesting to look back. Keep the faith!

    Fido

    ReplyDelete